STICKER NO SMOKING + 9 METER DIAGRAM - LAW 44
DEFENSE OF SMOKING AND VAPORING, IN CONNECTION WITH THE NEW 9 METER TOBACCO ACT, IN CERTAIN PUBLIC PLACES. FOR EXAMPLE, RESTAURANTS, OFFICE TOWERS, HOTELS, SHOPS AND MORE!
PRODUCT FEATURES :
- Dimension 10 ”W x 9” H
- Poster with pictograms forbidden to smoke and vape (electronic cigarette) in white vinyl sticker
- Descriptive image of the distance to smoke, 9 meters from the door (see standards)
- Clean look and sticker visible from afar
- Resistant to all climates and UV rays
CONTACT JULES® AT 514 666-5853 OR 1 866 575-5853 (TOLL FREE)
TAXES AND DELIVERY NOT INCLUDED.
THIS BILINGUAL STICKER RESPECTS THE CHARTER OF THE FRENCH LANGUAGE.
IN FACT, THE “SMOKE-FREE ZONE” REGISTRATION IN FRENCH IS TWICE MORE VISIBLE THAN THE ENGLISH “SMOKE-FREE ZONE” REGISTRATION.
The no smoking and vaping sticker for shop windows is easy to install and sticks to most smooth surfaces. Also, the sticker is designed to be glued from the outside but can be installed inside, near the doors affected by the tobacco law. In addition, its high-end appearance distinguishes it from the conventional no-smoking pictogram and will give your building a clean and refined look.
Also, its explanatory diagram of the prohibited area as well as the distance to smoke in accordance with law 44 (outside the 9-meter radius from your door) is very clear and dissuasive for users of your establishment. It contains the warning of a risk of fine of up to 750 $ for offenders.
YOU HAVE A QUESTION ?
First, our display experts are at your service to answer your questions about the no smoking and vaping sticker Smoke-free zone. Also, you benefit from a network of experienced professionals for the installation of all non-smoking display products that you order. In addition, we offer the possibility of personalizing our products Smoke-free zone (at an additional cost).
NEW MEASURE SINCE NOVEMBER 26, 2016 - LAW 44 IN QUEBEC
DEFENSE OF SMOKING WITHIN 9 METERS
As of November 26, 2016, smoking and vaping are prohibited within a 9-meter radius of any door (including emergency exits and exits to a balcony) and any window that opens, as well as air intakes communicating with a closed place that welcomes the public.
The law 44 smoking ban within a 9-meter radius is valid in particular in the following places:
- All work environments, except those located in a home;
- Places which are arranged to usually offer the public, for remuneration, meals for consumption on the spot;
- Establishments where a brewery, tavern or bar category liquor license is operated;
- A facility maintained by a health and social services establishment;
- Places where sporting or leisure, judicial, cultural or artistic activities, conferences or congresses or other similar activities take place;
- Hotels, tourist accommodation establishments and outfitting buildings;
- Places where community or leisure activities take place for minors, unless these activities take place inside a home;
- The premises of detention centers;
- All other closed places that welcome the public.
See full standards on the ban on smoking within a 9-meter radius of law 44.
YOUR OBLIGATION CONCERNING THE POSTING
In fact, the operator of a place or facility covered by Quebec's tobacco law must indicate by means of posters installed in the sight of people who frequent this place that smoking and vaping are prohibited. The display must, in particular, clearly demarcate the area where smoking is prohibited (according to law 44) as well as 9 meter perimeter, If it's happened.
ANTICIPATED OFFENSES AND FINES OF THE LAW FOR THE OPERATION OF A LOCATION OR OF A BUSINESS
In conclusion, failing to indicate by means of posters the places where smoking and vaping is prohibited by law 44 could result in a fine of 500 $ to 12,500 $ for the first offense and could cost you in particular up to 25,000 $, following a recurrence.
9 METERS TOBACCO ACT
Sources and full information on Law 44: