SMOKING DEFENSE STICKER + 9 METER DIAGRAM - LAW 44
DEFENSE OF SMOKING AND VAPORING, IN CONNECTION WITH THE NEW MEASURE OF NOVEMBER 26, 2016, IN CERTAIN PUBLIC PLACES. FOR EXAMPLE, OFFICE TOURS, SHOPS, HOTELS, RESTAURANTS AND MORE!
PRODUCT FEATURES :
- Dimension 10 ”W x 9” H
- Poster with pictograms no smoking and vaping (electronic cigarette) in frosted vinyl sticker
- Descriptive image of the distance to smoke, 9 meters from the door (see standards)
- Translucent frosted film (lets in light)
- Resistant to all climates and UV rays
CONTACT JULES® AT 514 666-5853 OR 1 866 575-5853 (TOLL FREE)
TAXES AND DELIVERY NOT INCLUDED.
THIS BILINGUAL STICKER RESPECTS THE CHARTER OF THE FRENCH LANGUAGE.
IN FACT, THE “SMOKE-FREE ZONE” REGISTRATION IN FRENCH IS TWICE MORE VISIBLE THAN THE ENGLISH “SMOKE-FREE ZONE” REGISTRATION.
The self-adhesive frost-resistant smoke and vaping film for shop windows is easy to install and sticks to most smooth surfaces. The no smoking sticker is designed to be glued from the outside but can also be installed inside, near the doors affected by the tobacco law. In addition, its high-end appearance distinguishes it from the conventional no-smoking pictogram and will give your building a modern and refined look.
Also, its explanatory diagram of the prohibited area as well as the distance to smoke in accordance with law 44 (outside the 9-meter radius from your door) is very clear and dissuasive for users of your establishment. It contains the warning of a risk of fine of up to 750 $ for offenders.
YOU HAVE A QUESTION ?
First, our display experts are at your service to answer your questions about the no smoking and vaping sticker Smoke-free zone. Also, you benefit from a network of experienced professionals for the installation of all the non-smoking display products that you order. In addition, we offer the possibility of personalizing our products Smoke-free zone (at an additional cost).
NEW MEASURE SINCE NOVEMBER 26, 2016 - LAW 44 IN QUEBEC
DEFENSE OF SMOKING WITHIN 9 METERS
Note that since November 26, 2016, in addition to the already existing prohibitions, smoking and vaping are prohibited within a radius of 9 meters from any door (including emergency exits and exits leading to a balcony) and any window that opens as well as air intakes communicating with a closed place that welcomes the public.
The ban on smoking within a 9-meter radius of the tobacco law is valid in particular in the following places:
- All work environments, except those located in a home;
- Places which are arranged to usually offer the public, for remuneration, meals for consumption on the spot;
- Establishments where a brewery, tavern or bar category liquor license is operated;
- A facility maintained by a health and social services establishment;
- Places where sporting or leisure, judicial, cultural or artistic activities, conferences or congresses or other similar activities take place;
- Hotels, tourist accommodation establishments and outfitting buildings;
- Places where community or leisure activities take place for minors, unless these activities take place inside a home;
- The premises of detention centers;
- All other closed places that welcome the public.
See full standards on the ban on smoking within a 9-meter radius of law 44.
YOUR OBLIGATION CONCERNING THE POSTING
In fact, the operator of a public place or facility covered by the tobacco law must indicate by means of posters installed in the sight of people who frequent this place that smoking is prohibited. In particular, the display must clearly demarcate the area non-smoking as well as the 9 meter perimeter, If it's happened. We also offer an exterior panel specially designed for this new standard (see the product).
ANTICIPATED OFFENSES AND FINES OF THE LAW FOR THE OPERATION OF A LOCATION OR OF A BUSINESS
Consequently, according to law 44, failing to indicate the prohibition on smoking by means of posters in places where smoking is prohibited could result in a fine of 500 $ to 12,500 $ for the first offense and could cost you up to 25,000 $, following a recurrence.
9 METERS TOBACCO ACT
Sources and full information on Law 44: