SMOKING DEFENSE STICKER - TOBACCO ACT
NO SMOKING, IN CONNECTION WITH THE NEW MEASURE OF NOVEMBER 26, 2016, IN PUBLIC PLACES SUCH AS SHOPPING CENTERS, OFFICE TOWER, HOTELS AND MORE!
PRODUCT FEATURES :
- Dimension of the giant sandwich panel: 27 ″ W x 46 ″ H
- Two 24 ″ W x 36 ″ H no smoking posters in brushed aluminum composite finish (dibond)
- Black plastic structure / double-sided (20 lb)
- Fill the base with sand for better stability
- The hinges lock in the open position (see the standards)
CONTACT JULES® AT 514 666-5853 OR 1 866 575-5853 (TOLL FREE)
TAXES AND DELIVERY NOT INCLUDED.
THIS BILINGUAL SANDWICH PANEL RESPECTS THE FRENCH LANGUAGE CHARTER.
THE “SMOKE-FREE ZONE” REGISTRATION IN FRENCH IS TWICE MORE VISIBLE THAN THE ENGLISH “SMOKE-FREE ZONE” REGISTRATION.
This smoke-free sandwich panel has great rigidity and durability. The giant smoke-free sandwich panel is weather and UV resistant. It is therefore a long-term display solution and a wise choice for the winter season.
Also, its explanatory diagram of the prohibited zone as well as the distance to smoke in accordance with law 44 (outside the radius of 9 meters from your door) is very clear and dissuasive for the users of your establishment. It contains the warning of a risk of fine of up to 750 $ for offenders.
DO YOU HAVE A PARTICULAR QUESTION OR PROJECT?
First, our display experts are at your service to answer your questions about the no-smoking sandwich panel Smoke-free zone. Also, we offer the possibility of customizing our products. (at an additional cost).
NEW LAW 44 STANDARD SINCE NOVEMBER 26, 2016
SMOKING DEFENSE WITHIN A 9 METER PERIMETER
As of November 26, 2016, smoking is prohibited within 9 meters of any door (including emergency exits and exits leading to a balcony) and any window that opens, as well as electrical outlets. air communicating with a closed place that welcomes the public.
The ban on smoking within a 9-meter radius of Law 44 is valid in particular in the following places:
- All work environments, except those located in a home;
- Places which are arranged to usually offer the public, for remuneration, meals for consumption on the spot;
- Establishments where a brewery, tavern or bar category liquor license is operated;
- A facility maintained by a health and social services establishment;
- Places where sporting or leisure, judicial, cultural or artistic activities, conferences or congresses or other similar activities take place;
- Hotels, tourist accommodation establishments and outfitting buildings;
- Places where community or leisure activities take place for minors, unless these activities take place inside a home;
- The premises of detention centers;
- All other closed places that welcome the public.
See the comprehensive standards on the ban on smoking within a 9-meter radius of law 44.
YOUR OBLIGATION CONCERNING THE DISPLAY OF LAW 44
In fact, the operator of a place or facility covered by Quebec's tobacco law must indicate by means of posters installed in view of the people who frequent this place that smoking is prohibited. The display must, in particular, clearly delimit the area where smoking is prohibited (according to law 44) as well as the perimeter of 9 meters, if applicable.
ANTICIPATED OFFENSES AND FINES OF THE LAW FOR THE OPERATION OF A LOCATION OR OF A BUSINESS
In conclusion, failing to indicate by means of posters the places where smoking is prohibited could earn you a fine from 500 $ to 12,500 $ for the first offense and could you cost in particular up to 25,000 $, following a recurrence.
9 METERS TOBACCO ACT / LAW 44
Sources and full information on Law 44: