SIGN WIND-FREE FLEXIBLE WIND ZONE - LAW 44
WITH NON-SMOKING AREA DIAGRAM (RADIUS OF 9 METERS)
NO SMOKING, IN CONNECTION WITH THE NEW STANDARD OF NOVEMBER 26, 2016, IN PUBLIC PLACES SUCH AS SHOPPING CENTERS, OFFICE TOWER, HOTELS AND MORE!
PRODUCT FEATURES :
- Dimension of outdoor sign flexible in the wind: 29.5 ″ W x 50.5 ″ H
- Two 24 ″ W x 36 ″ H posters in coroplast white (corrugated plastic / corrugated polypropylene)
- Structure and base in very resistant gray plastic, on casters / double-sided (26 lb)
- Fill the base with sand to obtain the desired wind resistance
- Ability to withstand winds of up to 60 km / h *
- The outdoor poster holder is fitted with high performance springs
- Descriptive image of the distance to smoke, 9 meters from the door (see standards)
* Read the user guide for all specifications.
CONTACT JULES® AT 514 666-5853 OR 1 866 575-5853 (TOLL FREE)
TAXES AND DELIVERY NOT INCLUDED.
THIS BILINGUAL PANEL RESPECTS THE CHARTER OF THE FRENCH LANGUAGE.
IN FACT, THE “SMOKE-FREE ZONE” REGISTRATION IN FRENCH IS TWICE MORE VISIBLE THAN THE ENGLISH “SMOKE-FREE ZONE” REGISTRATION.
This removable and flexible windproof non-smoking exterior panel has great rigidity and durability. The Smoke-Free Zone panel is weather, corrosion and UV resistant. It is therefore a high-end and long-lasting display solution.
In short, strategically placed in a radius of 9 meters of a door or any other opening, this exterior floor panel "Zone sans smoke / Smoke free zone" is very dissuasive for users of your establishment. In particular, by its explanatory diagram of the no-smoking area in accordance with law 44 (outside the radius of 9 meters) but also by the illustration of a risk of fine of up to 750 $ for offenders; which could save you from large fines of up to 25,000 $.
DO YOU HAVE A PARTICULAR QUESTION OR PROJECT?
First, our signage experts are at your service to answer your questions about Smoke-Free Zone signs.. Also, you benefit from a network of experienced professionals for the installation of all non-smoking display products that you order. In addition, we offer the possibility of customizing our products. (at an additional cost).
NEW LAW 44 STANDARD SINCE NOVEMBER 26, 2016
NO SMOKING IN A 9 METER PERIMETER
In addition, since November 26, 2016, smoking is prohibited within 9 meters of any door (including emergency exits and exits to a balcony) and any window that opens, as well as air intakes communicating with a closed place that welcomes the public.
The ban on smoking within a radius of 9 meters is valid in particular in the following places:
- All work environments, except those located in a home;
- Places which are arranged to usually offer the public, for remuneration, meals for consumption on the spot;
- Establishments where a brewery, tavern or bar category liquor license is operated;
- A facility maintained by a health and social services establishment;
- Places where sporting or leisure, judicial, cultural or artistic activities, conferences or congresses or other similar activities take place;
- Hotels, tourist accommodation establishments and outfitting buildings;
- Places where community or leisure activities take place for minors, unless these activities take place inside a home;
- The premises of detention centers;
- All other closed places that welcome the public.
See full standards on the ban on smoking within a 9-meter radius of law 44.
OPERATOR'S OBLIGATIONS REGARDING POSTING
In fact, the operator of a place or facility covered by Quebec's tobacco law must indicate by means of posters installed in the sight of people who frequent this place that smoking is prohibited. The display must, in particular, clearly demarcate the area where smoking is prohibited (according to law 44) as well as 9 meter perimeter, If it's happened.
ANTICIPATED OFFENSES AND FINES OF THE LAW FOR THE OPERATION OF A LOCATION OR OF A BUSINESS
In conclusion, failing to indicate by means of signs the places where smoking is prohibited could result in a fine of 500 $ to 12,500 $ for the first offense and could cost you in particular up to 25,000 $, following a recurrence.
9 METERS TOBACCO ACT
Sources and full information on Law 44: